This is the Great Pyramid of Khufu. ______________ over 4500 years ago.
- The ancient Egyptians built it
- It was built by the ancient Egyptians
One of the first antibiotics was penicillin. ____________________ in 1928.
- Alexander Fleming discovered it
- It was discovered by Alexander Fleming
Our Book of the Week is Great Expectations. __________________ in 1861.
- Charles Dickens wrote it
- It was written by Charles Dickens
I am writing to complain about the service at the Palace Hotel. ___________________ on 18 February.
- I reserved a room there
- A room was reserved there
She studied English at Cambridge, where ___________________ in 2008.
- she obtained a first-class degree
- a first-class degree was obtained
Spanish is the world's third most widely-spoken language.
- Around 500 million people speak it.
- It is spoken by around 500 million people.
The thieves got away with over $2 million in cash. However, two hours later ____________________ at the airport.
- the police arrested them
- they were arrested
Thank you for your enquiry. ______________________ within the next few days to let you know the result.
- You will be contacted by me
- I will contact you
The actor Harrison Ford is well-known around the world. ______________________ four times.
- Indiana Jones has been played by him
- He has played Indiana Jones
J K Rowling has not always been rich. Before _________________________ , she was a single mother struggling to make ends meet.
- the Harry Potter books were written
- she wrote the Harry Potter books
A huge mixer combines flour and water to make dough. _________________ into strips.
- Other machines then roll it flat and cut it
- This is then rolled flat and cut
____________________________every day. But nowadays they are not happy. Declining fish stocks are threatening their livelihood.
- Britain's fishermen catch nearly 2000 tons of fish
- Nearly 2000 tons of fish is caught by Britain's fishermen