Future perfect, future continuous and will - future quiz 01
Don't come at eight - we'll be having dinner
- This means you will start dinner at eight.
- This means you will start dinner before eight and finish after eight.
- This means you will start dinner before eight and finish before eight.
Call me after nine - we'll have had dinner by then.
- You will finish dinner before nine.
- You will have dinner at nine.
- You will fnish dinner after nine.
I'll have done the work by Friday.
- You will do the work on Friday.
- You will do the work before Friday.
We'll start the painting in the morning and we'll have finished by dinner time.
- We often use the peposition 'by' when we use the will-future form.
- We often use the peposition 'by' with the future perfect.
Your car has broken down and you take it to the garage. You need it urgently. Which would you prefer the mechanic to say?
- I'll fix it on Friday.
- I'll have fixed it by Friday.
- I'll be fixing it on Friday.
If you want to know your test results, call me around five.
- I'll have marked them by then.
- I'll be marking them then.
- I'll mark them then.
Your holiday starts tomorrow. You plan to spend all day on the beach. It's now two o'clcock. What do you say?
- This time tomorrow I'll have sunbathed on the beach.
- This time tomorrow I'll be subathing on the beach.
- This time tomorrow I'll sunbathe on the beach.
Call me tomorrow and...
- I'll tell you the answer
- I'll be telling you the answer
- I'll have told you the answer
If you can't find us in the house,
- we'll sit in the garden
- we'll have sat in the garden
- we'll be sitting in the garden
By the time I'm sixty...
- I'll have worked here for thirty years.
- I'll work here for thirty years.
- I'll be working here for thirty years.
More on this topic...
There are no quiz activities for this language point at present.