Food idioms quiz
- 'Don't you get on with Tim?'
'I've got a bit of a _________ with him actually. He keeps taking my parking place.'
- Those cheap phones are OK if you're on a tight budget, but they don't really cut the ____________ when it comes to features and speed.
- 'You're full of ___________ this morning!'
'I know; I had a really good night's sleep and I went for a run before work. I had a nice strong cup of coffee too!'
- 'Do you think I should apply for this government IT job?'
'You could, but you'll need to know your ___________. They only take the best.'
- I'm starving. Let's go and get some ______________ in the canteen.
- Don't put your bag there; the floor's all wet! For heaven sake, use your ___________!
- I wouldn't believe everything Mark says. You need to take it with a _____________ ___ __________.
- Sylvia's so bad-tempered these days. I'm afraid to say anything in case she shouts at me. It's like treading on _______________ , really it is.
- Don't apply for only one university. You don't want to put all your ____________ in one basket.