have sthg done
Have sthg done
This structure is used :
(1) when you arrange for someone to do something for you.
(2) when something happens to something you own or a part of you. This is often something bad.
(1) Vicky had her hair cut - A hairdresser cut Vicky's hair.
Compare with :
Vicky c...Read more
The following ESL resources are available for Have sthg done:
General English course books (adults)
Unit 9 Attraction Page 81 (1) Examples and analysis
(2) Short gapped article on Cindy Jackson (woman who has changed her appearance through cosmetic surgery)
(3) Word ordering exercise
(4) Speaking - 'Where's the best place in town to get (your hair etc) done?'
Peter Moore Sarah Cunningham
Module 4 The mind Page 47 Language focus Short reading, analysis and follow up exercises for have / get sthg done
Grammar books with exercises
Mark Nettle Diana Hopkins
General English adult course resource packs