(1) Reading : California Gold Rush
(2) Listening : Sam Brannan (Gold Rush millionaire)
Short section following from reading Gold Fever (p24) dealing with metaphorical use of :
deluge, drift, flood, stream, trickle
(1) Bookwork : gap filled passages with listening to check answers :(1) funny story (2) limerick
(2) Rules for use of articles : mulitiple choice exercise
(3) Practice : Ss make statement from prompts
Read money sayings, underlined schwas, listen and check.
Mulitple-choice exercise with pairwork follow up.
breadwinner, rainy day, broke, blow money, splash out, worth a fortune
(Second and third contionals)
(1) Short listening (money)
(2) Matching : if clauses to result clauses
(3) Analysis of sentences.
(4) Discussion in groups (if you goverened your country...)
(6) Grammar reference notes
(1) Listening: four people talk about treasured possessions.
(2) Anecdote - talk about a treasured possession (prompts)
A day in my very wealthy life
Gap fill using : as soon as, while, by the time, then, when, as, during, until, after, just as.
© ELTbase 2008 - 2017 All rights reserved
| Privacy and cookies | About | Page Top ↑