Extract from Nick Hornby The sugar mouse ritual ; football vocab (see vocab) ; 2 short listenings (memories of particular football occasions - personal)
(1) Two short listening passages, one with gaps, one with multiple choice selection to introudce target language.
(2) Grammar notes etc on verbs that change meaning when followed by gerund or infintive: remember / forget; stop; try; like; love; hate
(3) Gapped text for consolidation.
'Will and would" in follow-up analyis to Listening A Man and his Car
'Used to' compared with 'would'
Grammar notes + making sentences from prompts (short exercise)
Woman talks about her father's rituals relating to his car
Short listening (woman complaining about colleagues) with various ways of expressing annoyance
(1) Listening ; wedding rituals in different countries;
(2) Speaking : Ss prepare and tell wedding anecdote;
(3) Ss make statements beginning Marriage is... Page of words as prompts.
Listening : lovers parting after an evening together + gapped script.
(Contains a very long list of leave taking comments)
© ELTbase 2008 - 2018 All rights reserved
| Privacy and cookies | About | Page Top ↑