(1) Text messaging - short reading
(2) Reading : Online (Interview with Jessica Adams, author of Single White E-mail)
(3) Listening - interview with Lara Croft (fictional character from the computer game Tomb Raider)
(4) Reading - Has technology ruined childhood?
(1) Analysis using examples from reading : (Online - Jessica Adams page 53)
(2) Listening : six dialogues. Ss decide if verbs are dynamic or stative.
(3) Short error correction exercise (individual sentences)
Present perfect simple vs continuous
Analysis of sentences from the Lara Croft listening (page 56).
Focuses on dynamic vs stative verbs, incomplete vs incomplete / ongoing actions.
(1) Exercise : ,matching two sentences or segments containing linkers.
(2) Classifying linkers : addition, contrast, cause and effect (reason and result.
(3) Adding linkers to short news paragraphs.
(4) Essay writing: mobile phones, for and against.
Plan and write an essay on the advantages and disadvantages of mobile phones. Basic planning advice. No specific language taught beyond the work on linkers (see grammar section for this unit)
© ELTbase 2008 - 2018 All rights reserved
| Privacy and cookies | About | Page Top ↑